Monday, April 28, 2008

Jer 29:11 - In a New Light

11 For I know the plans I have for you,
declares the LORD, plans for welfare (peace) and not for evil,
to give you a future and a hope.

You this is a scripture that I have heard all my life to encourage me through a rough time, to lift me up when I was dicouraged, or just to help me through a velly season. But last night as I was praying for a friend I realized something. This was spoken from the heart of God to me, and in the same way my husband, my children, and my friends should know that I feel the same way about them.

I want my husband to let me know that even when we disagree, or he feels differently about something than I do, that his plans for me are for peace and hope. He should feel the same way about me. My everyday actions should let him know that I want our future to be happy. That if I confront him about something that it is becuase I want our future to be better.

My children should see that even when I have to discipline them that it is becuase I love them and it is going to make the future more peaceful.

All in all, it goes along with doing everything in love. Maybe it is just seeing it in a diiferent light. It makes me examine my motives and actions more closely.

No comments: