Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Fight Like a Girl - Ch. 1

Okay so after watching the first session of the Fight Like a Girl (hereafter called FLAG) I was stuck with one thought. We are made in the image of Christ - a reflection of sorts.

I have not been able to get that out of my head. (We met monday and it is Wed.) While you are looking into a mirror you are seeing a reflection of yourself. That reflection can not make individual movement or process thought on its own. We are to be the reflection of Christ. However, we are able to move outside what God does and speak things that God does not directly speak to us. We ARE to be a reflection of his love to the world.

My first though on Monday night was how we are to only speak the words he puts in our mouths and make the movements He has spoken into our lives. I also thought about the times where God has given me a Word to me or to somebody else and I try to figure out by myself. That always ends up pretty bad. I don't that to ever happen again. I want people to see beyond me and to see Jesus through me.

I was thining about this whole image reflection thing in the car again today and I asked what do people need to see when they look at me as Your reflection. And the answer was simply this:

There is life through death.
I got to thinking about that and I saw a picture of my life reflecting the cross. But not in a sad way in a way that showed the world that you can't truly live until you have died to yourself. There are so many levels to that answer. I know I haven't grasped the fullness of it yet, but I am listening to may He may continue to speak to me.
I pray that the next few weeks of the FLaG LifeGroup bring lots more to my life.

No comments: